Douglas F. Greer, MD, Ophthalmology
Douglas F. Greer, MD, Ophthalmology, provides high quality, comprehensive ophthalmologic services including contact lenses and glasses vision correction, and the diagnosis and treatment of emergent and chronic eye disorders, to clients of all ages.
In addition to general ophthalmology, Dr. Greer's areas of interest have included:
- Eye emergencies. He treated patients in Emergency Departments of six hospitals in DC/Northern Virginia; instructed in screening eye emergencies at several annual meetings including JCAHPO;
- Effects of solar ultraviolet on the eye -- presented in-the-field dosimetry of tropical solar UV reaching eyelids at the American Society of Photobiology, Edward Harkness Eye Institute, and other academic forums;
- The use of lasers in general ophthalmic practice -- was an early adopter of lasers in comprehensive ophthalmology;
- Corneal transplantation - instructed corneal transplantation at the DC VA Hospital for ten years; and
- Other areas of interest: Glaucoma; Glaucoma patient education; benefits/risks of LASIK; eye allergies; and intracellular magnesium deficiency