Marketing and Communications Intern
The DowntownDC Business Improvement District (BID) seeks a Marketing and Communications Intern to join our team for a dynamic internship opportunity. We’re looking for a passionate and energetic individual who is seeking professional experience in the fields of communications and/or marketing.
The Marketing and Communications Intern will have the opportunity to gain personal experience in the following areas in addition to supporting other needs of the department:
- Writing for the web, press materials, reports, and presentations
- Social media
- Website programming and coding
- Online photo archiving
- Video Production
- Design and Layout
The Marketing and Communications Intern will have the opportunity to connect with and experience new businesses in DowntownDC, interact face-to-face with the DowntownDC community as well as experience all DowntownDC has to offer.
- Background in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Design, Technology, or other related discipline
- Ability to show initiative, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic
- Experience and interest in social media
- Demonstrated writing ability
- Interest or experience in generating creative marketing and event ideas
- A positive attitude, ability to work well in a team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative suite, Salesforce, social media tools, coding a plus
- Internships require working a minimum of 16 hours per week with a maximum of 40 hours per week.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and pursuing a related undergraduate or graduate degree in a related field.
- Interns are not eligible for company benefits.
To learn more about the DowntownDC BID, please visit www.downtowndc.org. The BID is conveniently location in the heart of Downtown near Metro Center, Gallery Place and the Convention Center. Please forward your resume, a writing sample, and a cover letter to: Parker Roach at email@example.com.
The Downtown Business Improvement District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.