BID Launches More Modern, Interactive Website
Welcome to our new website! Last week, the DowntownDC BID officially launched a user-friendly website that’s more reflective of our “vibrant, inviting and smart” brand. The design also maintains the site’s integrity—meaning it is automatically resized—when viewed from diverse platforms, including desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices.
Among the features:
- Homepage content boldly displayed in a colorful slideshow
- Interactive features throughout, including advanced search capability, a user account tab which allows the public to register to submit comments and events, and the ability to integrate web content into Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media accounts
- A revamped downtown map
- A newly designed “Explore Downtown” section powered by Leaflet, with Esri map tiles
Stay tuned. Going forward, the BID will add other features, including:
- Integrating website accounts with its Salesforce database
- Creating an interactive economic data dashboard
- Allowing businesses to login to submit changes to their business listings on the site
- Providing a geolocated interactive Downtown map
The website was built on Drupal, an open-source Content Management System (CMS), and developed by the BID’s digital and social media team and web developer Pouya Rezaei of AmaraBlack Design in London.