Downtown Holiday Market Opens November 29
The countdown is on to Downtown D.C.’s most anticipated shopping event of the season—the Downtown Holiday Market!
The 9th annual Downtown Holiday Market will open for the first time this year on Black Friday, Nov. 29. The event runs through Monday, Dec. 23, noon to 8 p.m. daily.
You’ll find the festive outdoor market in Penn Quarter on F Street between 7th and 9th streets in front of the Smithsonian American Art Museum and National Portrait Gallery. The Market boasts more than 150 unique exhibitors and artisans offering crafts and gifts from home and abroad.
Like to shop till you drop? This will be the place for you. Shoppers will delight in a sea of choice gift-giving ideas in a celebratory atmosphere replete with live musical entertainment and delicious foods. You’ll discover clothing and accessories, domestic and imported crafts, soaps, candles, jewelry, paintings and other unique gifts from local and regional artisans and boutique businesses.
This year’s exhibitors and their gift items include:
- Mistura Timepieces. Handcrafted watches using exotic woods, leathers, recycled materials and natural flower petals.
- De*Nada Design. A local DC fashion trendsetter, De*Nada features handmade knit accessories specializing in beautifully handcrafted scarves, gloves, hats, ponchos, and capes using a high end blend of alpaca, blending stylish, yet timeless designs for women and men.
- The Mouse Works. Fun, fanciful and functional winter hats handmade out of recycled polar fleece. Made to fill all ages, sizes and styles, and nearly every one is a unique color combination.
- Jone Wye, LLC. Handmade graphic leather belts, wallets, guitar straps, and dog collars, plus stylish graphic tees all made from an iconic D.C. local business.
- La Contessa by Mary DeMarco. Limited edition nature inspired pewter jewelry and tabletop giftware handmade into multi-layered designs.
- englerglass. Beautiful handmade functional and decorative glass giftware.
Can’t decide? Pick up Downtown Holiday Market Dollars, gift certificates sure to please anyone on your list.
You’ll want to visit more than once as the mix of exhibitors at the market changes. Find the full exhibitor and entertainment list at the Market website.
The Downtown Holiday Market is produced by the DowntownDC BID in partnership with Diverse Markets Management and is supported by WAMU 88.5, 97.1 WASH-FM, and The Washington City Paper. Discover a special Downtown Holiday Market insert in the Nov. 27, Dec. 4, Dec. 11 and Dec. 18 editions of the Washington City Paper.